Your Ad Here

Monday, February 16, 2009

Chris Brown gives his first public Apology


R&B star Chris Brown broke his silence Sunday, saying he is sorry over his fight with girlfriend Rihanna and will seek counseling.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," Brown said in a statement.

Without discussing the fight, Brown's five-sentence statement conceded that he needs help to deal with the scrap.

"I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones," he said. "I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."

Brown, 19, has hired a public relations company that specializes in crisis management to deal with the firestorm of scrutiny over allegations he beat up Rihanna on Feb. 8.

The 20-year-old "Umbrella" singer suffered bruises and a split lip and has not been seen in public since.

Prosecutors are considering filing charges against Brown.

Brown said he hasn't made any statements since the fight and said Web posts that purport to be from him are a pack of lies.

"Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong," he said. "While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say

No comments:

Post a Comment