Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Queen Latifah Reveals Sexual Abuse


In the July issue of Essence, Queen Latifah talks about surviving sexual abuse as a child.
"He violated me," the Oscar-nominated actress says of a teenage male babysitter.
"I never told anybody; I just buried it as deeply as I could and kept people at an arm's distance ... I never really let a person get too close to me," she tells the magazine.
Latifah also confesses she never told anyone until she was 22 after her brother died, ETOnline.com reports.
"I had to get it off my chest. My mother felt terrible. She was kind of a country girl, so she wasn't up on how slick people could be. When I told my dad, he said nothing."
The abuse would cause her problems for a long time.
"I could have been married years ago, but I had a commitment issue," Latifah adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment