Your Ad Here

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Caroline Kennedy


"Many people remember that spirit that President Kennedy summoned forth. Many people look to me as somebody who embodies that sense of possibility. I'm not saying that I am anything like him, I'm just saying there's a spirit that I think I've grown up with that is something that means a tremendous amount to me. I think my mother … made it clear that you have to live life by your own terms and you have to not worry about what other people think and you have to have the courage to do the unexpected. Going into politics is something people have asked me about forever. When this opportunity came along, which was sort of unexpected, I thought, `Well, maybe now. How about now?' We're starting to see there are many ways into public life and public service."

- Caroline Kennedy, in her first interview, granted Friday, since expressing interest in replacing Hillary Clinton as Senator of the state of New York.

[Image via WENN.]

No comments:

Post a Comment