Your Ad Here

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Russell Simmons' Girlfriend Gives Crass Blast on Race & Romance


I'll allow that I probably missed a few steps in keeping up with the latest goings on in Russell Simmons' love life. I know he and his superstar wife, Kimora, are no longer together and I knew Mr. Simmons was dating a tall blonde.

Beyond that who cares, right? I mean, I won't be spending any money on 'Rush Cards,' but more power to him.

With that said, I do think it's odd that said blonde, lady friend, Julie Henderson, has taken to the blogosphere to apologize for black poverty and in the same breath refer to other women as the b-word and warn them to 'step off.' Confused? Read her words for yourself. ...

I have been spending "special time" with Russell for about 4 months and in that time I have learned some subtle things about some in the black community that have surprised me.I must say that while it has been a bit of a challenge for me, it has also been a wonderful learning experience. I realize that in this day of Obama and change that there is still a tremendous amount of poverty, suffering and pain in the black community, and for that I am deeply sorry. Source: Young Black and Fabulous


Who is she apologizing to? And for what? She continues.

But, I have to say the angry responses to those realities are sometimes misdirected....Just for the record, I am nobody's white b*tch, gold digger or fame chaser. Nor am I any of the other mean things I have been called lately. I don't need anything from anybody, I come from a good family and I'm a young independent "successful" model making my way in NYC. (If you don't believe me google me or go to juliehenderson.net).

Finally, I just wanna say that Russell has been a great "special" friend and I'm sure as sh*t not giving him up cause some in America object to our friendship. I wanna close by saying, what Russell always says, Namaste. (That means the goddess in me recognizes the goddess in you)....Or, b*tch get your own man. Source: Global Grind

Pobre Julie. Thank you for offering such a carefully worded and articulate expression of the hardship you are enduring.

I am oh so sorry that there are mean people. Despite your confessed unfamiliarity with black issues, you must be a very quick study to now (after 4 months) be able to accurately distinguish random "misdirected" black anger from a personal beef that some particular females may have with you specifically.

By the way, what exactly is a "good" family? Just asking.

from Black Spin/Black Voices:

No comments:

Post a Comment